Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to blogging or writing as the case may be.....

So I don't think I've blogged or written for that matter since 2008. Could it be it's taken me this long to get over the fact that we elected Barack Obama as President? The seriously most unqualified person, other than me, we could have elected as leader of the free world?
Well that is definitely part of it! So fricking depressing is the state of our union when those now complaining of BO's lack of leadership are the same folks who voted him in office without doing any research into the guy?
Now I'll give some a pass in that the media reported the bare minimum about the guy and he had some really great catch phrases too. And we all know how difficult it is to get that annoying song or catch phrase out of your head when it's played over and over or is just really really annoying. Something about hope and change or change and hope? I've finally gotten it out of my head so I don't want to repeat it again.
Thank God we do live in a glorious nation, unlike any other, or at least for the time being unlike another, (read France, england, 19% unemployment and government healthcare oh wait. We have that one). We have the freedom to elect our leaders and kick them out. Lets just hope the American public gets it right this time! So back to blogging!
But in all seriousness, the dibilitating diagnosis of BO depression is only one of the reasons I stopped blogging.
Being a married, working mom of two has definitely made an impact on the amount free time available. If only I could figure out how to get 30 hours in a day.....

In 2008, I was 38, (such a youngster) with a 1 year old girl and a 5 year old boy trying to fit into a place i felt ill equiped to. I've since given up on trying to fit into the lovely community in which I live. Realizing somewhere after 40, that I am fine just the way I am and that all of the fitting in I felt compelled to do was more about my insecurities. I discovered that even though the wonderful women I've met here over the past four years may look like they have it all together on the outside they have just as many issues/imperfections/insecurities as I. The beauty is that somewhere after 40 I began to accept my faults, insecurities and embrace me. Rather than expecting perfection in me and everyone around me, I've decided to try and live life one day at a time enjoying and embracing the ups and the downs.

I was with a friend recently who is about 15 years older than me. She decided she wanted to begin volunteering with an organization with many areas to volunteer your time. To assign my friend or guide her in the best direction, the director asked my friend what was her passion. My friend looked at me and said she couldn't answer. She spent so much time being a wife, s mother, and then an employee that somewhere along the line she forgot her. What did she enjoy? What was she passionate about?
I almost teared up as she was talking because I've been feeling much the same way. Letting the daily routine get in the way of touching base with me.
What am I passionate about? I know I love to write, to follow politics, my family, to paint. So thank you Barbara, you inspired me to sit down and write again!

Life after 40, what will it look like? The second half of my journey, what will I discover? My hope is by writing here, I will again discover my passions, rediscovering me!

Now, who wants to take bets on how long it will be until I manage to write again?????
M

No comments:

Post a Comment