Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting older is literally a pain in my a$$

There are so many positive things about aging I look forward to sharing with my children.  The increased sense of self and self confidence, the knowledge of what is truly important in your life.  The wisdom of knowing which relationships you will endure because they are worth it, and the ones you won't because they are not.  The type of wisdom only time and experience give you.

But there are some not so positive things age does to a person too, so many of which I am constantly becoming more aware of...The wrinkles, the gravity, the aches and pains and thinning of hair.  BTW  Thinning hair, seriously!!!!  This is very unfair to those of us who have struggled with thin (or as I like to call it FINE hair) all of our lives!  But I guess I cannot complain too much as I've been graced with my mom's good genes of very few grey hairs!  I am literally knocking on wood........and interestingly enough I found myself pulling on wood just yesterday, and no not that kind of wood, get your mind out of the gutter!!!  I was pulling on the wood of my desk to propel my aching a$$ up from my office chair.

Oh age, you have blessed me with arthritis in my tail bone and it turns out those 'old people' who used to say things like, 'Martha, it's going to rain.  My knee, back (insert any sore body part here) always aches when it is about to rain' weren't completely full of it.  My arthritic a$$ has been aching since Saturday and I literally dread having to get up to pee at the office because it is so painful.  Oh how I need some sunny days again!! 

But alas, even on those sunny days when my a$$ is not aching I am reminded of my age when I take the eye vitamins prescribed by my Dr to prevent macular degeneration--long story.  Oh yes, it gets harder and harder to pretend you are a spring chicken when you have to look at the picture on this box each morning!

Happy 42nd birthday to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment